- 13-Nov-2012 to 31-Jan-2013 (MST)
- Buhl , ID, USA
- $21.00 - $24.93
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Employee Stock Ownership Program
Job Title: Journeyman Electrician Department: Maintenance
Supervisor's Title: Maintenance Manager
Shift: Varied: Non-Exempt
This is a non-exempt position that will be responsible for providing electrical maintenance expertise in all production facilities working as a team member to make sure that food products are processed according to quality specifications and customer needs. Clear Springs Foods, Inc. is an employee owned company that is fully vertically integrated controlling all aspects of its food business from inception to market.
• Installs electrical wiring systems to support processing equipment. Uses time efficiently while assigned to multiple projects.
• When assigned, will work with outside electrical contractors working onsite to ensure and inspect work quality. In addition, will work with outside vendors to specify new equipment requirements.
• Troubleshoots diagnoses and corrects electrical problems in the power distribution, electrical equipment and lighting systems.
• Installs, removes, repairs, overhauls and tests electrical equipment, both alternating and direct current.
• Performs installation, removal and repair of a wide range of electrical equipment, such as power circuits, lighting systems, switchgear, transformers, starters, controllers, capacitors, production equipment power and control systems, electronic power and control and communication equipment.
• Diagnoses electrical failures and make necessary repairs while minimizing production down time.
• Performs mechanical work on electrical equipment.
• Works to meet current electrical codes and company policies and practices.
• Selects proper equipment size, wire and conduit sizes, breaker switch and fuse sizes from appropriate catalogs.
• Reads electrical and related blueprints. Works from drawings, verbal instructions or sketches.
• Performs mathematics to determine proper components and installation requirements.
• Possesses skill to use all necessary electrical tools, both manual and power.
• Performs work of lower skilled classifications.
• Cleans job site and tools. Stores tools and equipment in designated places in an orderly manner.
• Directs work and instructs other electricians, helpers and apprentices.
• Completes routine paperwork as required.
• Operates production and packaging equipment to check work as required.
• Follows lockout/tag out safety procedures.
• Utilizes confined space permits.
• Works on ladders, scaffolds, and forklift cages and in pits using proper safety precautions.
• Utilizes proper rigging techniques.
• Wears personal protective equipment as needed for assigned tasks.
• Completes forklift training.
• Must comply with all safety regulations, attend safety meetings and follow all plant and safety rules
• Follows all good manufacturing practices as set up by the company policy.
• Completes other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
• Electrical: Must be a current "Licensed Journeyman Electrician" in the state of Idaho. Must have industrial experience working on single phase and three phase power for all voltages up to and including 480 volt systems. Need to have a working knowledge of micro-switches, solid state relays, photo electric switches and inductive proximity switches. Have experience with control circuits to run processing equipment and systems. Also beneficial would be any experience with programmable logic controllers, ladder logic, variable frequency drives and controls and computers.
Candidate should be able to do any job in the electrical field with great skill. Wage depends on experience. MUST be 18 years of age. Have 3-5 years of experience as an electrician. Have experience as an industrial electrician is preferred. The primary responsibility of the electrician is to install, troubleshoot, and repair industrial three phase electrical wiring systems involving work of varied nature with little supervision.
Requires good record keeping and organizational skills.
Must exhibit leadership potential.
Must have exemplary attendance.
Requires the ability to communicate both verbally and in written form.
Requires the ability to communicate in English in order to adhere to safety standards.
Must show a positive attitude, and work well with others.
Successful applicant is expected to stay in the position for 12 months.
Typical Physical Activity
This job frequently involves physical work: Exerting 30 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects and to perform the job duties.
The worker will be required to have a range of motion as follows:
Often requires standing for sustained periods of time.
Often requires walking, moving, or climbing about to accomplish tasks.
Constantly requires verbally expressing or exchanging ideas or important instructions accurately.
Occasionally requires stooping and reaching.
Lifting is required on a regular basis.
Repetitive motions are required which involve substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers, arms and legs.
Occasionally requires pushing using upper extremities to press against something with steady force.
Occasionally requires pulling using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
Typical Environmental Conditions
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
• The employee may be exposed to wet or humid conditions
• The employee may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
• The employee is regularly exposed to high noise environments.
• The employee may be exposed to extremely dirty or dusty environments.
• The employee may be exposed to chemicals used in and around operations.
• The employee will occasionally be exposed to 32 degree F or colder environmental conditions.
Must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!